Saturday, October 27, 2007

Carbon Neutrality is Hip

Ok guys,



In my last post I talked about how I learned that global warming is a hoax. This made me realize that it was okay to drink water. But then I remembered something. I've heard that a lot of Hollywood stars and other accomplished people are going carbon neutral. This may sound like bologna, but it's actually pretty cool. Here's the deal: you can buy "carbon credits." If you buy enough of them, you can become carbon neutral. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are both carbon neutral. Also, most products can now be bought in carbon neutral forms: jeans, cereal, dishwashers, and even houses. Most stars buy only carbon neutral products.



The coolest thing, though, is that this isn't just a mainstream trend. It's really urban and hip. Urban subcultures, such as squatters, are often really carbon neutral. Fixies are very carbon neutral. Lofts, organic restaurants, trannies, Girl Talk, and other things that happen in Williamsburg are all, to varying degrees, carbon neutral.

Maybe it's not worth it to forgo that glass of water; I, for one, was glad I had it. But it's probably worth it to buy a carbon offset for it.


If you're interested in going carbon neutral, check this out.

Counter